Northern kingfish

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Woonasquatucket River and Great Swamp


After traveling to Ohio with the crew, I went on two trips looking for fish, both in Rhode Island.

The first was to northern Rhode Island beginning at the Audubon Society headquarters in Smithfield then working my way back to Providence via a new river system I had been previously unaware of- the Woonasquatucket River.  Although I don’t have much in the way for photographs, I did see some great fish including creek chub (#30), carp, white sucker(#31), largemouth bass, brook trout, (#32) and a massive chain pickerel (#33).
                                                                                                    
                                                        White sucker (top) and creek chub (bottom)

Two weeks later I went again to the Great Swamp Management Area in West Kingston and I didn’t have much luck for fish.  On the other hand, as always, I did encounter terrific wildlife, including a number of great birds and butterflies.

The only photographs I took were of an immature bluegill. One photo below. 
                                                                                                            

    

No comments:

Post a Comment